Saturday 31 July 2010

“n I coulda blogged if it wasn’t for those meddlin’ kids!”

I want to post things here. It’s fun. Not fun like blowing something up or a rollercoaster, but fun nonetheless. However, I went back to Iowa a few times, and the blogging died with each trip. It shouldn’t be surprising that when I brought these wonderful people (I love them all, I really do) back with me to Scotland that the blogging would fall considerably on the priority list. Also, kids in a whisky bar attract unwanted attention. I haven’t sipped a drop since their arrival. (Well, that’s not perfectly honest; I did exploit the airline status upgrade and drink Dewar’s on the flight to Utah).

I have thought to myself that I owe it to my fan(s) to post things and I want to do so. I just need a new approach. As the priority dropped for blogging, so shall the quality! I think I will try to get ten minutes out of my fingers every day or so. I am going to try that now for a bit and hope it all works out.

Flat update: all the work inside is complete, they gave me £500 back from our deposit, and they are looking into giving us 10 days rent. I think they are getting off easy. By the way, a flat is an apartment.

So, we went to London, I went to Utah for three weeks, we went to the Beach, we got Iterative Hard Thresholding running on a GPU, and more. I’ll start with some snippets about those things, but hey, my ten minutes is up.

Happy Anniversary to my parents.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jeff, for the anniversary wishes! We are now back home, able to spend time reading your blog, and able to go to work!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete