Wednesday 17 February 2010

Fasting and Abstinence

So, does it count as fasting or even abstinence if you eat this epic pile of fish and chips?



So seriously, I didn't eat that on during a fast. Actually, I was walking home a bit late one evening. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I ended up in the fish and chips place that's always calling my name. They had no fish. I thought, "well, I don't really want to wait," and then the proprietor said, "Mate! Wait five minutes; it'll be worth it. This fish is huge!" And he held it up prior to frying it. To be honest, I didn't need a lot of convincing, but he was right, that fish was huge. The coke can in the picture is a standard size can.

(I felt simultaneously fantastic and awful after eating this beast of a meal.)

2 comments:

  1. What does something like that go for now a days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the slow reply:

    I think it is £5.40 (~$8.64).

    That's not so expensive here. Same price as a "value meal" at BK. I was in a mall-like object over here and saw a BK. I felt drawn to it until I saw that it would be only moderately more expensive to fly home and eat BK with the family.

    ReplyDelete