Sunday 14 February 2010

"I live in the USA!"

After mass today, a woman tried forcing something into my hand. I inquired. She loudly blasted me with gibberish. The retired bishop who says mass each week was looking at me like I was offending the woman. There were other women doing the same thing to other people. Finally, I just yelped, “Uh, I don’t live here; I live in the USA!” She took the thing back with some commentary. I got about a block away when it hit me: she was trying to get me to take home a rice bowl; Lent starts this week. Problem was, they don’t call it a rice bowl but a SCAIFE Bowl, and she was so excited about it that her Scottish accent made it impossible for me to think while she was speaking. Now, I hope the pastor returns soon so I don’t have to see that Bishop again next Sunday.

Internet problems: Pics from Switzerland coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment