Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter Feast @ the Heatherlea

About ten days ago, someone put a paper plate on the kitchen table which read, “Easter Sunday Dinner, tons of meat, donations welcome: more money = more meat.” Someone else found a lovely chalice in which to deposit the donations. The first person dumped in £5, so 4 others (me included) followed like lemmings. The £25 was down payment on the £38 = $60 worth of lamb and pork that was purchased on Saturday. Lena cooked it all. Others (not me) had promised to help, but then volunteered to work for time and a half. I figured it would be nice to bring some wine and got some on the way home from my 90 minute Easter Sunday run. This was unoriginal as there were then 4 bottles of wine for dinner. The food was quite good; all the meat and all the wine were consumed. It was also Al’s birthday earlier in the week, so the dinner ended with two different cakes.

On Thursday past, I received a package from Amy. It contained a card with the message, “It wouldn’t feel like Easter without some Peeps!” I have a deep and complicated love-hate relationship with peeps. Anyway, I introduced global representatives to peeps.

Here is Lena pointing out how she used the peeps wisely as decoration.




Here’s the Heatherlea crew. I start with the guy closest to the camera. This is Richard. He was a guest. Counterclockwise we have Jenny (Korea), Al (Scotland, Heatherlea Chief), Lena (Germany), Claire (England), Kat (Australia), Edit (Hungary), my empty seat, and Yoomi (Korea). Absent were Chica (Japan) and Essam (Egypt/UK) and the two Aussies from the basement flat.


PS: With the four bottles of wine, I decided it was unwise to head out for some whisky tasting as promised. I do however have two in the bag and will post Bowmore Darkest later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - love the photos of the motley transient crew. Blog on blogger!

    ReplyDelete